At Marjal Costa Blanca campsite we understand that sustainability is an essential element for our lifestyle and for fully enjoying nature at the campsite.
The first step when conceiving one of our camping resorts is to design practical campsites that are efficient in their use of resources, adapted to the need of our surroundings and that preserve their environment.
Below we list the basic points, called eco-principles, on which Marjal’s environmental commitment is based:
1) Saving resources
At Marjal Costa Blanca we will implement the latest systems in terms of technology, sustainability and protecting our surroundings and the environment.
Among the characteristics of saving consumption, we can highlight:
- Selective recycling plant. Storing all waste independently: paper, glass, organic waste, batteries and plastic, for future recycling.
- The buildings and common services at the complex are designed and situated so that the sun, an abundant resource in our area, illuminates them for the maximum number of hours. This limits electric lighting expenses and allows us to accumulate energy in the form of hot water from the solar panels located on each building.
- All the taps at the camping resort have flow restrictors installed. These give the same sensation of water used but consume half the water of a normal tap. The correct use of water in a country with little rainfall is basic for a rigorous sustainability policy.
- Collecting rainwater and storing it allows us to water the common gardens all year round, likewise the use of native plants in the gardens. The harvested rainwater is also used for toilet flushing.
- The heat exchangers installed in the common areas not only allow us to enjoy pure and clean air, but also an appropriate temperature at any time of year, while hardly using any energy as the changes in the outdoor temperature allow us to accumulate or dissipate heat.
- Taking advantage of the excellent climate of Alicante, cars loose prominence in favour of the bicycle and of electric transport at our holiday complex. It boasts a bicycle lane that is as fun as it is environmentally friendly and guests can use the electric vehicles available for travelling within the camping-resort.
- LED light bulbs, used in all of the buildings at the tourist complex, give out light and do not generate heat like a conventional light bulb. This new light technology uses almost 80% less energy than a normal light bulb.
2) Sustainable use of material
Marjal suggests you enjoy your holidays in complexes that are built with environmentally friendly materials:
- We use non-polluting materials which, during their production, use and after their useful life, are neither harmful to people nor the environment where they are located.
- All of the wood of the Balinese-style holiday homes comes from certified sustainable forests. This means that their sustainability is guaranteed as their growth rate is higher than the rate of the trees felled in them.
3) Healthy lifestyle
Health is a special feature of our complexes:
- The climate, the surroundings and the infrastructures of our complex allow you to lead a full, active and healthy life. The outdoor fitness /cardio circuit, spa, saunas, areas of relax, physiotherapists, heated pools, 24 hour medical service, sports fields, etc., together with the natural spots nearby, such as the “El Hondo” Natural Park and its hiking and bicycle touring routes, allow exercise and activity to benefit your health considerably at our camping resort.
4) Intelligent design
Integrating our designs into the surroundings is another element that differentiates us. We want Marjal camping resorts to form part of the landscape and that they do not interrupt the beauty of the location nor the traditional shape of the place.
The design of our establishments and facilities stands out for its soft, Mediterranean lines, as well as for the architecture of low buildings with warm colours.
The surrounding area must be a carefully chosen place. When Marjal decides to search for a place for new holiday resorts, we think about many details.
The importance of the surroundings means that our locations must offer services, nature and health:
- The complex is located in the Bajo Vinalopó valley, surrounded by farm land, local fauna and blue, sunny skies all year round
The pleasant temperature in a natural environment creates a special climate where there are no extremes nor sudden changes and there is little rainfall. It is the perfect place to enjoy the surroundings and nature. And weather couldn’t be better – annual average temperature of 20 degrees and 300 days of sun per year!
- Crevillente and Catral, beautiful villages of inland Alicante province, breathe tradition and tranquillity. They are very close to Marjal campsite and a step away from coastal towns such as Guardamar. Here you will find all the services you need: banks, shops, restaurants… everything you could possibly look for.
- “El Hondo” Natural Park, close to the resort, is made up of several lakes in which there is a wide variety of animal species. It particularly stands out for its birds. There are a large number of herons, such as the purple heron, black-crowned night heron and squacco heron. The park has a Mediterranean climate with characteristics inherent to the south-eastern Iberian Peninsula.
- Our commitment to this type of surroundings also entails a careful study of the area, to achieve the maximum integration of the complex in this beautiful enclave and to respect the ecological surroundings of the place: particularly when dealing with a tourist resort such as a campsite, where the natural and primitive state of the land is hardly affected or modified.